Tuesday, August 15, 2006

In accordance with Arcadia's list obsession, here's my contribution: The Essential music for surviving studying journalism.

5. Bob Dylan
"Can you tell me where we're heading, Lincoln County road or armageddon." Anybody who can write stuff like this will inspire other people who want to smuggle with words. Some more good advice to aspiring journo's from His Bobness: "Don't follow leaders, watch your parking meters."

4. The Foo Fighters
Sometimes a journalism student needs to disappear in a haze of crunchy guitars sounds. "A little bit of resooooolvvvve, is what I need now!" Come to 26 Crozier Street, Stellenbosch. You'll know what Dave Grohl means.

3. Audioslave
Chris Cornell's voice sounds like whiskey tastes. Tom Morello's solos are absolutely crazy. Us journalism students are all a individualistic bunch, sometimes support like "Be yourselve is all tthat you can do" is good encouragement to keep the flame of individualism burning.

2. Bob Marley
"Don't worry, about a thing, 'cause every little thing, is gonna be all right." This is wat you need to be thinking during project week, or when your somewhere between Pretoria and Jo'burg, trying to plot a way home while in a car with two nazi's.

1. The Doors
My latest musical obsession. I've been listening to The Doors constantly for the last two weeks. I'm inspired (I don't what I'm inspired to do, but I'm inspired none the less).
"Show me the way to the next whiskey bar. Hell, don't ask why. Hell, don't ask why." I know why, but I ain't telling.

5 Comments:

Blogger arcadia said...

great lysie, jan.

btw, ken jy die lirieke van jan, die bielie van die bosveld?

7:20 PM  
Blogger gm said...

Ek sien jy mis al die REGTIGE greats: Radiohead, Radiohead, Radiohead, Radiohead, en Sigur Ros.

Nee, regtig nou. My vyf:
1. Radiohead.
2. Sigur Ros
3. Iron & Wine (vir nou)
4. Black Sabbath (who'd have guessed)
5. Kyuss (dankie Niel)
6 tot eindeloos...

9:54 PM  
Blogger seminormal said...

One Nazi! Only One!

1:30 PM  
Blogger gm said...

EJ, let it go. One is known by the friends you have. Thus: Two Nazis. Two.

1:52 PM  
Blogger arcadia said...

lol lol lol lol

ej - ek het ook vir hannes ontmoet. en ek stem saam met jan en gm.

5:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home